Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trip to Tulsa

Clint has been wanting to take Carter and Hutch to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa, and we finally made the plans to do it.  We had my parents watch Cooper for the day and we packed our travel diaper bag and left.  We made sure we left during the boys nap time so we wouldn't have cranky boys, and we couldn't have planned it more perfectly.  The boys slept the whole way until about ten minutes upon arrival.  We would ask if they were ready to see fish and Hutch would say, "I see pis and sharks!" Carter would reply, "Otay!"  We took our strollers in, but the boys quickly showed us that they were big boys and could handle it on there own.  Carter hopped/skipped to each tank and Hutch excitedly ran a few steps to the next tank.  They got to touch starfish, stingrays, and some sort of small spotted shark.  We saw beavers and otters playing in the water, and we walked through a huge walk through tank full of sharks.  We had an hour and a half of fun and we could have stayed longer!  We decided we would go in the gift shop before we left and see if there were any cheap keepsakes we wanted to get, and of course I found myself trying to sweet talk my two year olds.  They had picked a submarine that you play with in the bathtub, and their Grammy and Papa, my parents, already have this toy.  I wanted them to get these fun, cheaper toys, that were a shark and an alligator head on a stick that you make it's mouth chomp.  Of course, the boys got their way because they didn't want to put the boats down, and I bought the other chomping toys for Christmas stocking gifts. Win-win situation?


We went from the aquarium to my maternal grandparent's house near Tulsa.  We were very excited to stop off at their house and visit and eat dinner with them.  Clint and I agree that my grandparents could have a number one rated reality television show.  They crack us up!  While we were there the boys got to ride the golf cart, feed the horse a carrot, look for rolly pollies and eat some yummy food!  I am so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents, and I am glad that my kids are getting to know them.  We said good-bye to grandma and grandpa and headed home.  Clint and I were very careful to choose when to pull out the DVD player for the boys.  You see, Carter inherited his great-grandma, grammy, and daddy's motion sickness.  We knew if we were going to try out a movie it needed to be at the end of the trip and not the beginning. Luckily we made it home with no problems, and we watched and quoted Finding Nemo the whole way!



It is fun making memories with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment