Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Dreaded Dressing Room.


Trying on clothes has never been a favorite thing of mine.  Not at any size.  Okay, it is nice to walk into a dressing room with an item of clothing in the size you think are only to find it is too big, but that has only happened a hand full of times.  You know what is worse than your everyday trying on clothes?  Trying on clothes after you have had a baby. I mean even my two year old looked at me as I was putting my elastic waist sweats on the other day and said "Ewwww." What a confidence booster!

My mom had a brilliant idea for me to buy a new dress or outfit for me to wear while I sing in church this coming Sunday.  So on my very sacred Mother's Day Out day, my mom, Cooper and I took a trip to the store.  I picked out two tops and a dress to try on, and my mom, Cooper, and I made our way into the dreaded dressing room.  As I switched out the clothes I am wearing for the clothes I am about to squeeze in to, I catch a glimpse of the mirror out of the corner of my eye.  You know how you don't want to look in the mirror until the new outfit is on and then even then you aren't sure you should look.  Well, I looked before the new outfit was on and I flashed back to the pageant body I once had and took for granted and then I looked over at Cooper and thought of my other two boys who were at Mother's Day Out and realized it was all worth it, but it still stinks that the dress didn't fit!  You know where I ended up after those three things didn't fit?  I ended up in the baby section buying things for the boys.  That's how it goes!  I do know that I have every intention to get the baby weight from both pregnancies off one day.  News flash to self... being a member of Weight Watchers, having a gym membership, and saving all the clothes I once fit in does not make me the size I want to be.  Did you know you actually have to follow the Weight Watcher's plan and go to the gym to fit in those clothes?  Another day, another one of life's lessons learned.
Percefull Boys
Something they will never live down!
A new hobby of his!
Fun outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment