Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's been a long time...



Getting ready for their wedding debut!

Cooper is always happy!






























I knew it had been a long time since I had updated my blog, but it was only when I looked at it today that I realized it had been since Christmas time.  I apologize and let me just let you in on what's been going on between then and now.


During the winter and fall, our household went through a lot of sickness.  Croup happened twice, strep about four times, ear infections twice,  the twins and I had a virus trading off about every two days, Carter had an allergic reaction and broke out in a rash all over his body, I strained my back and couldn't walk for two days and struggled for a week, Jury Duty, not to mention all of my migraines that I was genetically blessed with went on over kill!  We were all trapped in the house because of the weather and sickness, and it felt like we were never going to get better and we would never escape the walls of this house, but we survived!


The twins have grown up so much within this six month's time.  They are speaking in fully sentences, cracking jokes, listening and obeying, and potty training is going extremely well!  Cooper has learned to sit up, crawl, pull up, stand, has gotten teeth, and say a few words.  Isn't it amazing everything a child can learn to do in such a short amount of time?


Carter and Hutch turned three just a couple weeks ago.  I have heard that one of the few days that a person has perfect recollection of is the day(s) that there child was born, and it seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and being rolled into the operating room to have the boys.  This year, they had a donut birthday party at our neighborhood playground.  When you asked the boys what they wanted for their birthday all they would tell you is that they wanted donuts!  In my opinion, cake can't hold a candle to a donut, and Carter and Hutch would tell you the exact same thing!  We had a wonderful time at the party celebrating with family and friends, and we feel so incredibly blessed to have so many people who love all three of our boys.
Holding a frog
All Boy! 
Hutch
Carter


Some funny or cute things I can recall that have happened or been said these last months:


Carter, "Papa can't walk. His feet don't work, they need batteries." 




Clint, "Boys you need to pick up three toys and take them back to your room."  Carter responds, "Dad I only have two hands."




Cooper is so loud in the church nursery, that when the workers see him coming they immediately scramble around to take all the sleeping children to another room so he will not wake them.


Hutch had an accident and peed in his underwear and when Clint asked him why he didn't go to the potty he replied, " I was tryin' to phart."


Carter said that his hand hurt so Clint gave his hand a kiss, and Carter held out his finger and asked "What about this one?"  So Clint kissed his finger and something came off on his lips.  When Clint asked Carter what it was, all Carter could do was giggle and say, "My booger!"


Cooper leaned in to give Hutch a mouth wide open kiss, and Hutch said, "Hey, I not a puff!"


Carter was on the ground playing with his Little People house and I asked him what he was doing his response, "I am building a ramp for Papa." He wanted to make sure his play house was handicap assessable for Papa. 


Only at our house do hear at prayer time,  "Thank you God for sandcastles and poop."




I promise to try and do better at this blogging thing!  


Until next time,
Jaclyn



Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment