Saturday, December 4, 2010

Signs that the Twins are No Longer Babies

I remember having the boys and hearing from several people, "Don't blink or you'll miss them growing up."  Well, I can tell you there have been several times I have acted like I Dream of Genie and wanted to miss the whining, fighting and picking, but there have been several things the boys have been doing and saying lately that really show me how time flies when you are both busy and having fun.




Carter loves to come up to Clint or me and say, "We are going to church in two minutes." "I am going to take a bath in two minutes." "I eat dinner in two minutes."  He seems to think anything can be done in two minutes.  




Hutch has been talking about Santa.  "Santa bring presents to me.  He bring me cars."  I hear that several times a day.  I will ask, "Can mommy bring you cars?"  He replies, "NO, mommy not, Santa bring me cars for presents."

The boys get into several fights a day.  If they aren't fighting over a toy, one is picking on the other.  If one of them says yes, the other will say no, and they will fight over the word for at least five minutes.  It would not be a normal day at our house without them getting in trouble for something.  I mean, who has perfect two year olds?  So, when Carter gets in trouble he gets extremely embarrassed and will walk over to a different part of the room, lay down on the ground, look at you and say, "I'm going night night." Hutch just likes to tattle when he gets in trouble.  The other day, he reached for something breakable and after several times of being told no he ended up getting a swat on his hand.  He ran over to his daddy and said, "My mommy hit me."  Talk about being opposites.

The boys know serval landmarks and LOVE to point them out as we are getting close to approaching them or as we pass them.  For McDonalds Carter will say "That's where we get French Fries" Hutch will follow up with, "And get chicken too!"  For Braums, "Milkshake! Milkshake!"  We will pass the t-ball field and the golf course and they let us know what it is.  They know where their grandma works, and love to tell me as we pass, "Grandma gives me cookies!"  If we drive by my parents neighborhood, the boys know every entrance you can go in and know where and when to turn to get there.  They get very excited to see church.  They are extremely interested in school buses, police cars and firetrucks.  Every time we pass a fire station, Carter takes quick inventory.  He can tell you if all the trucks are there or if one or some of them are missing, I do not lie.  He knows how many should be in there and keeps count.  The fire trucks keep their doors open, and the boys love to tell us, "Doors open!  Fireman can get in fast!"

I called Hutch by Cooper's name and he said, "Mommy, I NOT a baby!"  

I walked in the boys room after there nap because I could hear them playing, and when I opened the door they both were on their tummies putting together puzzles and looked up at me and smiled.

The Big 12 game is on tonight and the boys were watching it with Clint.  We put them down for bed and Clint went in to check on them.  Hutch was on his floor waiting for his daddy and when Clint opened the door Hutch asked, "Daddy I watch football with you?"

The boys make me laugh and smile with all the things they do, but it seems like just yesterday they were Cooper's age.  It is hard to believe that Cooper will be doing and saying similar things so soon.  I love my three boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment