Sunday, October 17, 2010

Random Stories

I thought I would be better at posting more often, but to my surprise, having three boys two and under keeps you rather busy!!!  I have some funny and cute stories to tell you that have happened since the last post.




I love listening to cds in my car, and the kind of music I listen to is usually the kind of music I could sing.  So one day all the boys and I were in the car driving to church and we were listening to "How Great Thou Art" the backseat was quiet the whole song (this is rare!!!), and when the song ended both boys said "Amen!"  It made me laugh and tear up at the same time.  It was as if they were listening to the words of the song and understood them and saying, "I agree, How Great Thou Art!"  It is amazing what music can do!



We are slowly easing our way into potty training at this house.  Carter is a little better at telling us he needs to shew shew in the potty.  Hutch is more of our magician.  He disappears for a few minutes and comes back in the room with something in his diaper. One day Hutch told me he wanted to sit on the potty.  Well, he wanted to sit on the potty and eat his popcorn. Normally, eating while using the restroom would gross me out, but this was a good tactic to get Hutch to sit for a while.  I left to give him some privacy and came into the kitchen to clean the dishes. Carter thought he would stay in the restroom for moral support. In fact, he was even teaching Hutch what to do.  I looked down the hall, and Carter was telling Hutch, "No, Hu you push your weenie down."  That's right folks, Carter was demonstrating on Hutch how he needed to sit and pee pee in the potty.  I laughed and called my mom and told her the story, and when I hung up I could hear Carter doing his scream cry that he has perfected. I ran in to see what was wrong and again I started laughing. Hutch had managed to sit on the potty and pee on the bathroom tile, and Carter had managed to slip on the pee and fall into the puddle.  I guess Hutch should have listened to Carter!




Cooper is still being an extremely good and precious baby.  Since three weeks old he has slept for eight hours at night.  He now sleeps from about 10:30 to anywhere between 7 and 8:30.  Very rarely do we have to wake up and feed him in the middle of the night.  Amazing!  Since the twins are in mother's day out, Cooper and I get to spend time together.  So he took a trip to the fair with me and some of my family, he goes shopping, out to eat, to movies, and even to my sister's ultrasound appointment.  I never really even worry about taking him anywhere because he is so good.


As a stay at home mom, sometimes I just get tired of being in my house do the same ordinary thing over and over, so one day I packed up all of the boys and took them to my sister's house so we could do the same thing in a new location.  My sister, Jennifer, and I ate lunch and the boys and Emily played.   Hutch ended up tripping on a rug and falling into a chair.  When he fell into the chair his tooth went through his lip and so he had a cut on the outside of his mouth and a gash on the inside.  Jen and I kept debating on what to do, but Hutch decided he was ok and wanted to go ahead and play. It was time to put them down for a nap.  We set up two pack and plays for Carter and Hutch.  I could hear them playing in the room, jumping up and down in their pack and plays and giggling and so I went in the room and told them to lay dawn and go night night.  Five minutes later there was no change in their giggling and so I went to see what was going on.  When I cracked open the door I knew someone had pooped, and so I stepped in the room to see who it was and what did I see? I saw Carter who had taken off his pants and socks and Hutch who had taken off his pants, socks, and diaper.  Hutch had pooped and taken matters in his own hands and taken off his diaper, but from the looks of it, it looked like he threw that dirty diaper across the room into Carters pack and play and then Carter threw is back across the room where the diaper laid fully in tack on the carpet.  Not as messy as it could have been.  I am glad my sister was there because together we thought it was hilarious.  That night when I was sitting at home I got a call from my sister that she when to go get some pajamas out of her dresser and found some smashed poop on the dresser.  A day away from our house was no ordinary day!



Well, we are getting excited about Halloween around here.  We are going to have a Lion, Carter, a Giraffe, Hutch, and a Football, Cooper.  The lion and the giraffe have been playing like it is Animal Planet at our house.  Carter runs up behind Hutch and tackles him.  They love all the decorations for Halloween and are sure to point out every single pumpkin they see.  I think they will really enjoy trick or treating this year.  I will let you know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment